Prospective Marriage Visa
Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)
A Prospective Marriage visa is a temporary visa valid for nine months. Within the 9 months the applicant must register the Marriage.
This visa enables to enter Australia to marry your intended spouse and live together in Austrlia. You can apply for a Spouse visa in Australia after you marry your fiance(é).
Eligibility criteria for Prospective Marriage Visa.
- Applicant must be sponsored by their fiance(e) who must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be sponsored by an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen, who undertakes sponsorship obligations.
- Must have personally known and physically met their fiance(e), must not marry prior to entering Australia.
- Applicants must agree to marry within 9 months of entering Australia.
- Must not have any impediment to marrying under Australian Law.
This visa allows the applicant to live, work and study in Australia for 9 months. You are also permitted to travel freely to and from Australia during this period.