Health Requirements For Australia and New Zealand Visa Applicants
When applying for a Visa to travel to Australia or New Zealand, whether it is a temporary or permanent Visa; applicants are required to be in good health, capable of meeting the required health standard as set by the Immigration Department.
In setting this health requirement for Visa applicants the Department of Immigration is seeking to:-
- Provide protection to the society from the importation of public health and safety risks in particular from highly infectious contagious diseases such as tuberculosis, etc.
- Protect the budgets of the government's health and community services sectors to manage hospitals social security benefits pensions and allowances by ensuring no undue strain is placed on these services while allowing a disproportionate number of persons with expensive existing medical conditions to enter the country.
- To ensure all the public health components ate met and everyone has access to the health professional with ease.
As a visa applicant you will be required to be free from any disease or condition that is
- considered a potential danger to the community or all in some way a threat to the public health care system.
- Likely to result in significant healthcare costs and utilization of scarce community services at a cost of the community.
If there are some circumstances that will require you to agree to sign a health undertaking by Commonwealth medical officer(MOC). An example of such a situation is where you may have been assessed as having a disease or medical condition requiring you to have a follow-up examination once arriving in Australia – in such circumstances you’d be required to sign a health and safety before it was considered that you have met the health requirement.
If you have an existing medical or health condition and are looking for some advice prior to making a New Zealand or Australian Visa application it would be best to speak to us first. Please use the contact form on our website and get in touch with us today.Contact Us